A new alternative for the Tarapacá region
This Advanced Certificate is part of a collaborative work between the University, tour operators and entrepreneurs of the Tarapacá region, which will give you a different sight of working in the territory. In addition, it will allow to transfer knowledge and building skills for the region, especially for the Province of Tamarugal.
Date: June 2021
Number of hours: 261
Target public: touristic operators, viniculture farmers, agronomy students and professionals.Target public: touristic operators, viniculture farmers, agronomy students and professionals.
Requirements: professional degree, college technical degree
Objective: To train human capital in enotourism of Vino del Desierto, located in the Pampa del Tamarugal, Region of Tarapacá.
- Gonzalo Rojas: Bachelor's Degree in History, specialized in Economic History, University of Chile. Master in Strategy and International Economy, Universidad de Chile. Experience in executive positions in the private and public world, in the fields of wine making, wine economy and trade, and wine tourism.
- Natalia Fernández: Professional Sommelier, Spanish School of Tasting She has college education in Hotels and Restaurants, INACAP and in Advanced Course of Wines, Escuela de Sommelier de Chile. Since the year 2018 she has been working as a sommelier for "Vino del Desierto". Since 2015 he has been the sommelier of Enotropea sommelier and cocktail bar.
- Víctor Muñoz: Technical degree in International Cuisine. Postgraduate in Kitchen and Pastry Management, School of Hospitality and Tourism, Valencia, Spain. From the year 2014 to date he is the Owner Chef of the Restaurant Santo Pecado, Iquique. Since 2013 he owns the Bowl Coffee, in the city of Iquique.
- Sebastián Vidal: Financial Manager, DUOC. Advanced Certificate in Viticulture and Enology, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. Since 2007 he has been working at Viña Santa Carolina S.A. in technical assistance to wine producers.
- Alejandro Wedeles: Agricultural Engineer, Oenologist. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. For more than 17 years he has developed his work in different wineries in the United States, Spain and France. Since 2007 he has been head winemaker of the Reserve and Premium lines of Viña Santa Carolina S.A.
- Marcelo Lanino: Academic of the Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources of the Arturo Prat University. Agricultural Engineer, University of Concepción. Master in Water Resources, Universidad de Concepción. Director of "Vino del Desierto".
- Ingrid Poblete: Academic of the Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources of the Universidad Arturo Prat. Agricultural Engineer, University of Chile. Master in Fruit growing, Postgraduate College, Mexico. Agricultural Sciences, University of Chile. Researcher of the "Vino del Desierto".
- Alex Zúñiga: Academic of the Faculty of Renewable Natural Resources of the University Arturo Prat. Commercial Engineer, Universidad Arturo Prat. Master in Territorial Development, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. Researcher of "Vino del Desierto".